Thursday October 16
Marathon Flame Torch Relay and Lighting Ceremony — Alexander the Great Parkette — Danforth & Logan Aves. Mayor Iordanis Louizos arrives from Marathon, Greece, bringing the Spirit of the Marathon to Toronto
Friday October 17
Pre-Race Press Conference at Main Stage, Expo, Exhibit Hall D, Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place — International Elites and Canadian Elite athletes
Running, Health & Fitness Expo (Packet Pick-up), Exhibit Hall D, Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place — Guest Speaker Schedule
— featuring Whitlock, Hosaka, Gillis, DuChene, Coolsaet — Expo Parking
Saturday October 18
International Friendship Run located at Nathan Phillips Square, with John Stanton Sr., Founder of Running Room — click here for more info
(Race Director, Alan Brookes also in attendance)
Sunday October 19
Media Workroom Conference Room 2 — City Hall
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront 5k START — Exhibition Place
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon & Half-Marathon START — Bay and Queen with Lead Media Vehicle (limit 8 places; MUST be Pre-booked)
Marathon Awards Ceremony — Main Stage
Post Race Press Conference with Marathon winners — City Hall — Conference Room 2
Course closes, roads re-open to traffic
Race Weekend Media Centre Location and Information:
The Media Centre will be located in City Hall in Nathan Phillips Square near the finish line, second floor in Committee Room 2.
Deadline to apply for media credentials was Thursday, October 16, 2014. For Media related inquiries please contact Joanna Hatt: Joanna.Hatt@Narrative.ca.
Successful applicants will then be able to access Race Weekend Press Conferences, Media Centre, Start & Finish areas & Lead Vehicles.
STWM 2014 Race Day Main Stories:
STWM 2014 Pre-race Main Stories:
On October 17–19 weekend we expect 25,000 runners from across Canada, the United States and 60+ countries. There will be an estimated 150,000+ spectators on the streets, and over $4 million will be raised for more than 170 mostly-local charities. Everyone will have a story; hundreds, if not thousands will be compelling.
Here is a short-list of our major stories for 2014 to this point. Check back for regular updates or contact our STWM Media Team and we'll do our best to help you get the stories you need.
- Celebrating 25 Years Running!
- We have launched an extensive programme for the 25th anniversary edition of STWM, to be run on Sunday, October 19th, 2014. To celebrate the quarter-century of the event and the 15th running of the marathon, organizers are also offering a range of souvenirs under the banner "25 Years Running".
- Social Hub
- We are pleased to announce the launch of our "Social Hub" for the 25th Anniversary running of STWM. Every time individuals post a message to twitter or upload a picture to Instagram with the #STWM tag, the content will appear amongst hundreds of other posts which will all come together to tell the story of YOUR journey to the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon.
- 2014 Digital Champions
- We are excited to announce our 2014 Digital Champions ambassador team. The STWM Digital Champions are a group of diverse, dedicated, and enthusiastic athletes, each with a unique story and running history to share. This year we are introducing some new faces as well as bringing back the best of our Digital Champion alumni! Over the coming weeks, you can follow the journeys of these 50 runners on Twitter, Instagram, and our blog as they share their training challenges and triumphs on the road to STWM.
- STWM Tribes
- New this year is our Tribes program, in which we aim to promote and showcase the various running clubs in Toronto, the GTA and across North America. Here is a list of the current tribes preparing for STWM. We encourage you to change your training up, and try something new by running with some of these amazing groups!
Pro Athlete Start Lists & Bios
Marathon Elite Start List
REGISTRATION OPEN | Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Media Challenge
On your marks, get set, GO!
It's that time of year again. Registration for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Media Challenge is now open.
Which outlet will take home the title of fastest media? Last year, 25 media outlets took part in the Media Challenge, and we hope to increase this number to ensure the competition in 2014 is fiercer than ever!
With over 170 local charities participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge, the Media Challenge is a great way to raise money for important causes.
INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon takes place on October 19, 2014.
Entries are open to journalists, photographers, videographers, producers and editors in each of the three distance categories: marathon, half-marathon or 5k.
Scotiabank will donate prizing for the top male and female finishers in each distance category to the charity of their choice:
Media outlets are limited to 10 free entries per outlet in a combination of any or all three categories.
A work email address must be provided as proof of employment when registering for the Media Challenge.
RETURNING THIS YEAR
In addition to competing for the top Media Challenge prize, you can raise money for the charity of your choice. Just select the "Create a Fundraising Account" option on the registration form to set up your fundraising page. Be sure to get your non-running colleagues to sponsor you!
It's simple: form a team, train, run and raise money for charity. To register, please contact Allison Watkin for your registration code and instructions, then fill out the online form here by Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
Hope to see you on race day!
STWM Finish Line Media Scrum
Click here for Race History